A custom wood staircase turns a foyer into a statement, an entryway into an experience and a hallway into a launch pad for the imagination. The material itself generates a timeless feel, one that links the past with the present and promises to be there in the future as well. The custom design element says you’re thoughtfully involved with the presentation, care and well being of your home and states in no uncertain terms who you are as an individual or family.
Why Custom Wood Stairs?
A custom wooden staircase may seem like an anachronism in today’s prefabricated, get-it-done-now, plastic world. And you know what? It is. And that’s precisely why people appreciate it to such a degree. It’s uncommon, unconventional (by the standards of the day) and flies in the face of the disposable culture of planned obsolescence. Custom staircases ignore trends in favour of style and substance and are built to stand the test of time, not to be replaced by next year’s model.
Some other things people find attractive about a custom wood stairs include:
- The Material Itself – The experience of the wood from both a visual and tactile sense practically justifies the staircase all by itself. People will stop to feel and even smell the beautiful hardwood surface and appreciate how it changes appearance in different light.
- The Knockout Blow – Few things will bowl over your visitors more than having the front door open into a foyer with a stunning hand-crafted staircase anchoring the space. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and nothing makes a first impression like a custom wood staircase.
- Craftsmanship – Hand-crafted custom wood stairs have a quality no prefabricated metal frame staircase could ever have and most folks appreciate that. In a disposable world craftsmanship is a rare commodity but one still sought after by nearly everyone. People are willing to pay extra for a well-tailored suit or custom-made handbag because, while we outwardly embrace disposable, in our hearts we still know the value of craftsmanship.
- Versatility – Wood is extremely versatile and lends itself to all manner of individualized touches including custom balustrades, moldings and finials. These hand-carved elements are another bit of craftsmanship that set custom stairways apart from the everyday and one that speaks of a time-tested process and attention to detail. Custom staircases made of wood can also be stained and restained to match changing decor.
- Affordability – Let’s not forget that custom wooden staircases are also generally more affordable than their metal counterparts and provide a warmer overall experience.
Custom wood stairs can express a variety of qualities that reflect the personalities of the homeowner. They can be whimsical, stately, sophisticated, traditional or more. But regardless of which aspect of yourself you wish to express the one thing everyone will appreciate is the timeless quality expressed through natural materials and hand crafted touches. The real value of custom wood stairs is that the qualities you’re able to enjoy today will still be there to be enjoyed by future generations.